Sat, Apr 30|
Stone Soup Books at the South River
Plant Grateful: Plant Swap/Sale
Stone Soup Books' Plant Grateful returns again on Sat 4/30! Gardeners or want-to-be Gardeners, bring & pick up plants and seeds to swap and ask questions! Local farmers are setting up for an early market sale of goods, medicinal herbs, honey, produce, crafts & some sweet treats!
Time & Location
Apr 30, 2022, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Stone Soup Books at the South River, 150 Race Ave, Waynesboro, VA 22980, USA
About the Event
Stone Soup Books' Plant Grateful returns again on Sat 4/30 from 10-12 ! Gardeners or want-to-be Gardeners, bring & pick up plants and seeds to swap and ask questions! Local farmers are setting up for an early market sale of goods, medicinal herbs, honey, produce, crafts & some sweet treats! Community plant/seed swap + the following farmers/artisans:
- Fera Silvae - a small forest farm leaning into the question of how to live with, along side, and in service to perennial ecosystems. We grow mushrooms, fruit and nut trees, and a variety of medicinal herbs.
- Wild Altar Farmstead - Nestled into the Blue Ridge Mountains near the Big Levels Conservation Area. We value our forest edge location which offers dynamic interaction between the wild and the cultivated.
- Bread of Life Bakery - Specializes in making Artisan breads & pastries with time honored methods, modern techniques and organic flours. Bringing croissants, brownies, bagels, and a Ukranian poppy seed cake!
- Mary Speiker's LOCAL Honey - If you've been lucky enough to get some of Mary Speiker's honey at Waynesboro Farmer's Market, you've had some of the BEST local honey offered in our area! Mary will be bringing Pints & Quarts of her raw, unfiltered Wildflower honey made possible by the bees & flora of Sherando!
- Cupcakes by Amelia - Not your everyday cupcake!
Gear up for the summer with our Plant Grateful event -- just feet away from the South River.
AND OF COURSE -- we'll be bringing the books out to the loading dock! Cart books $1 (paperback & childrens), and $2 (hardcover). We've stocked up on great Gardening, Farming and Nature books both used and new!