The Healthy Vegetable Garden : A natural, chemical-free approach to soil, biodiversity and managing pests and diseasesby Sally Morgan
PRE-ORDER: Pub Date: 9/21/21
Whether you’re an experienced gardener, homesteader, or market farmer, this A–Z, soil-to-table guide shows you how to reduce chemical inputs; naturally enrich your growing ecology; and create a hardy, nutrient-dense, and delicious crop.
In The Healthy Vegetable Garden, expert organic gardener Sally Morgan explains how to use natural approaches to cope with the challenges of a changing climate through principles from regenerative gardening, agroecology, and permaculture—all to help your green space thrive.
The Healthy Vegetable Garden shows you how to:
- Combat disease and keep pests at bay with natural predators, companion planting, and trap and barrier crops
- Choose the right plants to attract pollinators and pest predators
- Build a healthy soil full of organic matter, earthworms, and mycorrhizal fungi
- Regenerate soil through no-dig practices, composting, cover crops, and mulching
- Boost biodiversity through the use of crop rotations and polyculture
- Rewild your garden by creating a range of habitats, making use of walls and fences, log piles, water features, and wild corners
- Understand plant defenses and use biocontrols
- Make natural barriers, traps, and lures
top of page