The Berry Grower : Small Scale Organic Fruit Production in the 21st Centuryby Blake Cothron
The Berry Grower is an innovative guide for small-scale growing and marketing of organic fruits and berries. Covers planning and strategy, organic soil care, profiles of profitable small fruits, cultivar selection, planting, organic weed and pest management, marketing strategies, and interviews with successful growers.
Dig into the fruits of your labor! Profitable, innovative organic fruit farming strategies and skills for modern growers of any scale.
The Berry Grower is an innovative guide for growing and marketing organic small fruits and berries that offers intelligent strategies and solutions for successful small-scale, non-chemical fruit production in the 21st century. Coverage includes:
- History, innovations, and 21st-century challenges in modern fruit farming
- Creating your own market farming reality
- Farm planning for efficiency and profitability
- Factoring in climate change, drought, and extreme weather
- Soil fertility, efficient weed management, and organic pest control
- Modern tools of the trade for efficiency · Harvesting, fruit handling, and packing
- Fruit profiles including raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, currants, gooseberries, figs, tomatoes, and more, including new cultivars
- Innovative marketing methods and thinking beyond fresh fruit with multi-product strategies to maximize profit
- Learn from other experts through interviews with successful growers and marketers from diverse areas around the USA.