Elegant Simplicity : The Art of Living WellSatish Kumar, Fritjof Capra
Elegant Simplicity provides a philosophy of life that weaves together simplicity of material life, thought, and spirit and distills Satish Kumar's five decades of wisdom into a guide for pursuing a life that prioritizes the ecological integrity of Earth, social equity, and personal happiness.
Consume less and celebrate more for inner peace and ecological integrity
Consumerism drives the pursuit of happiness in much of the world, yet as wealth grows unhappiness abounds, compounded by the grave problems of climate change, pollution, and ecological degradation. We've now reached both an environmental and spiritual dead-end that leaves us crying out for alternatives.
Elegant Simplicity provides a coherent philosophy of life that weaves together simplicity of material life, thought, and spirit. In it, Satish Kumar, environmental thought leader and former monk, distills five decades of reflection and wisdom into a guide for everyone, covering:
- The ecological and spiritual principles of living simply
- Shedding both "stuff" and psychological baggage
- Opening your mind and heart to the deep value of relationships
- Embedding simplicity in all aspects of life including education and work
- Merging science and spirituality for a coherent world-view.